Follow the Steps of Our Lady of Fatima
This Bracelet is made in Fatima, Portugal, and blessed by the local priest before shipping.
At Valinhos, near Cova da Iria, there were three shepherd children:
1. Lúcia dos Santos, born in 03/23/1907, became a cloistered nun.
2. Francisco Marto, born in 11/06/1908, died a few years later, in 1919, due to the epidemic of the time.
3. Jacinta Marto, born in 11/03/1910, died a few years later, in 1920, also due to the epidemic of the time.
4. It was on a regular day, when they were taking care of their sheep at Cova da Iria, that Our Lady of Fatima appeared to them. We were in 1917.
5. On a Sunday, around noon, at Cova da Iria (1917), a Lady appeared at the top of an Holm Oak tree, wearing white, shinning brighter than the sun, holding a rosary, and invited them to be at that exact same spot every 13th day of each month, for the period of 6 months straight. And so the Three Shepherd Children abided.
6. First Apparition: On May 13th, Our Lady asked them to pray the rosary every day in order to obtain peace and the end of the war.
7. Second Apparition: On 13th of June, Our Lady showed the Three Shepherd Children a heart, surrounded by thorns, it was the Immaculate Heart of Mary, outraged by the sins of Humanity, which demanded reparation.
8. Third Apparition: On 13th of July, Our Lady showed them a vision of Hell where the poor sinners’ souls were, and told the Three Children that the War would end soon, but if Humanity didn’t stop offending God, the worst was yet to come.
9. The Prison: On 13th of August, Lúcia, Francisco and Jacinta were taken to Ourém, to the house of the Village Administrator to be taken to interrogation.
10. Fourth Apparition: On 19th of August, Our Lady appeared to the Three Shepherd Children, that were taking care of their herd, and once again asked them to pray a lot and for them to make sacrifices for the sinners. At that day She promised them that She would perform a miracle so everyone would believe them.
11. Fifth Apparition: On 13th of September, Our Lady told the children to keep praying the rosary.
12. Sixth Apparition: On 13th of September, Our Lady identified Herself as Our Lady of the Rosary and asked them to build, on that exact spot, a chapel in Her honor.
13. Ascension: So Mary rose to the skies and promised a miracle. The sun started to spin around itself, shinning in every color, on a mesmerizing light show that happened 3 times.
14. Devotion: Since then, Fatima became a place of spiritual vocation and faith to millions of pilgrims.
15. God’s Plan: Happened to call people into conversion, prayer and contrition. In order to establish world devotion to the IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY.
Our Lady of Fatima Steps - Bracelet
ABOUT THE MIRACLE OF FATIMA
What is the Origin of the Miracle of Fatima?
Our Lady of Fatima, the Blessed Virgin Mary, is known for Her apparitions in 1917 to three shepherd children at Cova da Iria, in Fatima, Portugal.
The Miracle of Fatima (also known as the Miracle of the Sun) happened between May and October on the 13th day of each month, at approximately noon. The three children: Lucia and her cousins Jacinta and Francisco (ages 7, 9 and 10) were spoken to by a luminous lady who entrusted them with three secrets.
The first secret was a frightening vision of hell, “where the souls of poor sinners go,” and contained an urgent plea from Our Lady for acts of prayer and sacrifice to save souls, with particular emphasis on praying of the rosary and devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
The second secret prophesied the outbreak of World War II and contained the prediction of the huge damage that Russia would do to humanity by abandoning the Christian faith and embracing Communists’ totalitarianism.
The third secret was not revealed until 2000. Its revelation coincided with the beatification of Francisco and Jacinta. It did not contain any cataclysmic prediction, but, instead, the vision affirmed the immense suffering endured by witnesses of the faith. Sister Lucia, the surviving member of the three children, confirmed that in the vision “the Bishop clothed in white,” who prays for all the faithful, is the Pope. As he makes his way with great difficulty towards the Cross amid the corpses of those who were martyred, he too falls to the ground, apparently dead, under a hail of gunfire. It is possible that the vision predicted the 1981 attack on Pope John Paul II’s life. The Pope has always credited the Virgin for his survival.
The Miracle of the Sun occurred in October 13, when a crowd of seventy thousand people who had gathered in Fatima, in response to a prophecy made by the three children. The prophecy was that the Virgin Mary would appear and perform a miracle on that date. The crowd witnessed an extraordinary zig-zag dance of the sun in the sky that lasted ten minutes that afternoon. No one had ever seen such a phenomenon. The whole crowd was in awe.
Located in the center of Portugal, the Sanctuary of Fatima built in honor of the Miracle has become the fourth biggest Catholic pilgrimage site in the world, receiving between 4 and 5 million visitors every year. Both Pope John Paul II and Pope Francis have visited the Sanctuary to pray to Our Lady of Fatima, next to thousands of devoted pilgrims.
The pilgrims gather for one of the most beautiful processions in the Catholic Faith: the Procession of the Candles. Millions of people light a candle and follow the image of Our Lady of Fatima at night as It moves around the Sanctuary, praying and singing Her praises.
ABOUT LOJA ESPERANÇA
Loja Esperança is a religious art store in the heart of Fatima, Portugal, one of the cradles of the Catholic Faith. Our vast collection of sacred articles is made from the highest standard of silver, gold, and wood. All articles can be custom made.